Monday, November 14, 2011

I AM NOT ALONE - LDS Hymn Parody #42













Another LDS Hymn Parody - the 42nd one I have written so far...

I AM NOT ALONE
Sung to the tune of I Believe in Christ, #134

I am not alone, there’s many more
Who see the truth and close the door
On what the Mormon Church believes
And what they’re hiding up their sleeves.
I am not alone, I see the lies,
The false pretense they can’t disguise.
It’s all made up, enormous fraud,
The Mormon Church is not of God.


I am not alone, deceit is plain,
I’m not a fool, I use my brain.
My common sense is telling me
To run away and let it be.
I am not alone, though they will say
That I have tossed it all away.
But to the lies I can’t adhere,
I won’t remain because of fear.


I am not alone, and in my soul,
I finally feel completely whole.
The questioning tore me apart,
There was a hole within my heart.
I am not alone, the truth revealed
What all the lies had once concealed.
And now I know with certainty
That I cannot a Mormon be.


© Diane Tingen, 11/14/2011

No comments: