Tuesday, December 18, 2012

I FINALLY SAW THE LIES - LDS Hymn Parody #77

Here's LDS Hymn Parody #77 - another addition to the ever-expanding ExMormon Hymn Book.  Since this hymn parody is obviously self-explanatory, I won't go into a long drawn-out explanation.  Just suffice it to say that I'm so glad that I finally saw the lies laced throughout it all - and once that happened, I came to the conclousion that I could no longer be associated with a church that plays so fast and loose with the truth.

I FINALLY SAW THE LIES
Sung to the tune of We Give Thee But Thine Own - #218
I finally saw the lies
Within the Mormon Church.
Deception they cannot disguise,
The truth for which I search.
For way too many years,
I tried to just believe.
But after shedding many tears,
I saw how they deceive.
The Prophet Joseph Smith
Created such a fraud.
So obvious it’s just a myth,
And not the Word of God.
And so, I walked away,
Rejected the deceit.
For in the end, I could not stay
Apostasy complete.
© Diane Tingen, 12/18/12

No comments: