Wednesday, April 3, 2013

BEYOND THE SHADOW OF A DOUBT - LDS Hymn Parody #91

Beyond the shadow of a doubt. There are certain phrases that immediately remind me of my many years in the Mormon Church, and this is one of them. I heard that phrase so many times in church that I lost count, and particularly in Fast and Testimony Meeting - and I'm sure I said it many times way back when I was still a devout Mormon, without even realizing what it really meant.

When I saw this picture, I really liked it because it demonstrates what this phrase really means. The man is standing outside the shadow of the word "Doubt." This precisely shows just how far outside of "Doubt" my convictions really are about the many falsehoods within Mormonism.

On Wikipedia, this phrase is defined as follows:
Beyond the shadow of a doubt, or beyond a shadow of a doubt, is a standard of proof. The phrase means the issue in question is so obvious, or has been so thoroughly proven, that there can exist no doubt. Two possible interpretations of "Beyond a shadow" might refer, first, to the fact that doubt could be nowhere in the vicinity (completely expelled from the issue), or second, to the thoroughness of the argument (a shadow being even less substantial than a doubt itself).

After coming to the conclusion that Mormonism is a complete fraud, I can now say that "I know beyond the shadow of a doubt" that Mormonism was obviously created by Joseph Smith for his own purposes, and perpetuated by other men ever since his death. Of that fact, there is no doubt whatsoever in my mind. It is very hard for me to understand how anyone can stay in the Mormon Church once they discover the actual truth behind the doctrines, teaching and history. But so many members mindlessly cling to it all, refusing to believe that it is actually an enormous stack of lies, and that the entire religion was a hoax from the get-go. Complete and total denial.

So here is my 91st LDS Hymn Parody, dedicated to knowing "Beyond the Shadow of a Doubt" that Mormonism is a complete and total fraud, riddled with innumerable lies...

BEYOND THE SHADOW OF A DOUBT

Beyond the shadow of a doubt,
Though I believed and was devout,
Now I am sure it is a fraud,
And not at all the Word of God.


When looking at the Mormon Church,
Investigate and do research,
Examine all the evidence,
Clearly there is no good defense.


Seeing the facts, I could not stay,
Closed all the doors and walked away.
The Mormon Church is in my past,
A web of lies, so huge and vast.


It was made up by Joseph Smith,
What he created is a myth.
Mormons steadfastly cling to lies,
What they believe the truth belies.


© Diane Tingen, 4/2/2013

No comments: