Wednesday, May 16, 2012

IS THERE TRUTH IN MORMONISM? LDS Hymn Parody #63

It's been 2-1/2 months since I wrote my last hymn parody.  My, how times flies.  I guess I've been creatively blocked (most likely by what has been going on in my life, which is a very long story).  But since I'm determined to write at least 75 LDS hymn parodies, it's really good to feel the creative juices flowing again.

So here is my latest LDS hymn parody... very self-explanatory, so I won't go into any further explanation...












IS THERE TRUTH IN MORMONISM?
Sung to the tune of Guide Us, O Thou Great Jehovah – Hymn #83

Is there truth in Mormonism?
Many think it’s filled with lies.
Just look at the sordid history,
Countless questions will arise.
Look for answers, look for answers,
Search until you find the truth,
Find the truth.
Search until you find the truth.

They want you to blindly follow
What they tell you to believe.
If it’s false, the landscape changes,
You should know if they deceive.
Mormonism, Mormonism,
There is more than meets the eye,
Meets the eye.
There is more than meets the eye.

Though they tell you not to research,
Only read what they approve.
You must study independent,
Any doubts you must remove.
Information, information,
If you look, you’ll find the truth,
Find the truth.
If you look, you’ll find the truth.

© Diane Tingen, 5/16/2012

No comments: